Saturday, March 24, 2007

Well, We did it!! Bought a new home!!







Well, we bought a home at auction today. It has 11.43 acres, 7 acres of woods and 2 ponds. It has 4 bedrooms, 1 1/2 bath, large living room, dining room, kitchen, utility room and a full basement. I am posting a couple pictures so you can see it. Can't wait to show it to the kids. Kurt's are coming home from Florida right now and will be home tomorrow. Hope they can come over to see it. I don't know when Kevin & Sarah will be coming, but I am anxious for them to see it too. Now we have some work, painting etc to do and then get our home and lake cottage sold. What exciting times!! It also has a three car attached garage and a one car detached garage!!

8 comments:

kevin said...

I can't wait to see it! Let me know when you are going to start "updating" the new house so I can get some time off work and come help!

Kathy said...

We will!! Went out today for awhile just assessing what to do first. Kurt's came over to see it. They took a walk in the woods and a deer and a rabbit went running!

Katie said...

Where is the new place located? It looks fantastic!

Kathy said...

Katie, It is just a mile and a half from where we live now. It is only a mile from where I was raised - on the same road except it is in Defiance County and where I was raised is in Williams county.

sarah said...

Congratulations!

Kathy said...

Thanks Sarah, I think you will really like it. The only thing I think I will miss is my fireplace but maybe we can put one in at a later date.

Project Man said...

Wow! I like it. Congratulations on this new chapter in your lives. If I were closer I would help you build a new fireplace Kathy!

Kathy said...

Thanks Stan. Apparently you made it to Amsterdam and back. I hope sometime when you come to see the kids you will come up and see us. Right now having a fireplace is the least of my worries. I have to get this home ready and Keith is having an open house at our other home on the 21 and 22 of April. Kurt's are coming to help a couple days and Kevin is coming next week for a couple days too. Great to have family! The sale is May 9th. 39 days and counting! But maybe someday I will get my fireplace.