Sunday, February 24, 2008

Don't pay the ransom-I escaped!!




I know that I haven't posted in so long, you probably thought I had been kidnapped! I have been busy. I hand wrote recipe books for Kurt & Christy and Kevin & Sarah of my favorite recipes. Each book had over 200 pages. I hope they like them. I put little notes on some of the recipes. Anyway. It took a long time. I gave them to them for Valentines Day and then I started on a cross stich sampler for my newest grandchild. Kevin & Sarah are expecting in August. I am really going well on it. I work on it while watching TV, on my lunch hour, in waiting rooms, etc. Well of course if I haven't posted in a long time, you know Keith has bought something. I am posting a picture of our new (to us) hot tub. We put it in the garage for now. We will probably move it out on the back patio in the spring. We went out to eat with Chappy & Jenny last night. Keith used to work with Chappy at Goodrich back in the late 60's and 70's. We are still friends and Jenny is one of Kraig's teachers at Riverdale. I know this is just a bunch of random stuff, but I was very disappointed with the Edgerton Village Council. They have voted to tear down the Town Hall. It was built in the late 1800's and has an opera house upstairs. I worked in the building for nine years and it is a big piece of Edgerton history. Well, I guess I have rambled on long enough. Just wanted you to know I am still kicking.

5 comments:

sarah said...

Good to see you back on the Internet. We love our recipe book and will cherish it forever!

Kathy said...

Thank you Sarah. That really makes me happy!!

Katie said...

It looks like you are having a good time despite the awful Ohio winter. Sorry about the historic building. That always makes me sad to see a landmark like that be torn down.

Unknown said...

I can't believe they are tearing down the Village Hall. It's the only historical building left in Edgerton! That's really disappointing.
And I love the recipe book. I'm trying to talk Sarah into letting me make tater tot casserole. I'm not sure how it will come out with soy crumbles.

Kathy said...

That's one of the recipes that Kurt talked about too. I couldn't tell a difference when we used soy crumbles for tacos. It's worth a try. There are a group of people trying to get them to save the building, but they have been trying for almost a year. They took a vote and say it's all over now. They will not address the subject again. BUT it was found that the building was built jointly by St. Joe Township and the Village, so they want the Township to sign off so they can tear it down. At this point the township has taken no action.