Monday, September 04, 2006

Keith's 1966 Dodge Charger





I thought I would post some pictures of Keith's 1966 Charger. Keith bought one new in 1966 after he graduated from high school. After seeing one sell at Auburn, I think he is motivated to start fixing this one up.

We did not sell the truck at Auburn, but Keith has his Ford truck listed on an auction on September 16th. I drove the Dodge home and I think it was the first time I have ever driven it. I like the way it drives better than the Ford anyway. We had a lot of lookers, especially at the camper as it is unique in that it has two doors that open so the whole back end is open and it has two ramps so that you can drive a four wheeler in it.

Hope you enjoy the pictures of the Charger. Today is the first he has driven it and he drove it around the circle drive. It is just primer now, but I am sure he will have it painted silver like his first one.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

The car doesn't look bad at all. After seeing the pictures, I remember the first one Keith had -- 1966 huh, I wasn't even walking then, right?
Thanks for your scrapbook, I love keeping up with what's going on.

kevin said...

Looks cool. I can't wait to see it all "tricked out." We're looking forward to seeing you in two weeks!!

Project Man said...

HOLY-COW!!!!!

Wow Keith ~ that is an awesome car. We need more information.... you know, all the specifications.

It is so nice that you have the chance to buy another car like one previously owned. Please post lots of pictures of the project as it progresses.

Kathy said...

Stan, We were told it has a fresh 383 four barrell with a 727 automatic and positraction. It is supposed to have 63,000 actual miles and the title reflects that. It does need a total restoration on the body and interior although it is complete. The previous owner put new tires and super sport Creager wheels on it. I have only drove it around the circle drive twice. It needs some brake work. Will keep you updated when we start restoration. Keith