Wednesday, July 18, 2007

40th Class Reunion


We attended my 40th Class Reunion Saturday night. I was the head of it this year as I have been for six of our eight reunions. I stood up front for the business meeting and told them that I was done and that I wouldn't sit down until someone else volunteered to be the head of it for the next one. It took some time, but finally they must have got tired of looking at me as Ron Stoner agreed to be the head of it and Jestine Schmidt agreed to create the booklets like I have done for each one. We had a great time and saw some of my classmates I haven't seen in ten or fifteen years!! Twenty five classmates out of seventy attended and with spouses we had forty six. Not too bad a turnout.


I helped serve the sherbet as people just were setting and waiting to be served even though I announced they should help themselves. When I started taking the sherbet around, one of my classmates said "Now that takes planning this event a little far - the dessert matches your outfit!" We had rainbow sherbet and by golly, it did match my outfit. Was not planned as I just ordered sherbet - any kind. I am attaching a picture Keith took of me serving dessert. Oh, also first picture on the blog of my new haircut & color.


The following day, Sunday, we met at a classmates lake cottage for a cookout. It was a fun weekend.


1 comment:

sarah said...

You do match the sherbet perfectly! You look very nice. I'm glad your event was a success!