Saturday, September 15, 2007

Fraidy Cat




Yesterday when I went out to my car to leave for work I could hear a cat or kitten that really sounded forlorn. I just couldn't tell where the sound was coming from at first. Keith came out and found it. He was laying on one of our chairs on the front porch. I tried to approach him, but he wanted nothing to do with me. So I left for work. When I got home, Keith told me he had fed it some milk and a smoky link. Didn't know cats liked smoky links, but apparently they do. He was there again this morning, and Keith fed him again. He just was really spooked and didn't want anyone close to him. During the day, Keith was working on the building, putting the sill on to set the trusses on, and I would talk to the kitten, but he still did not want me close. After several tries, he let me pet him and the way he acted he had never been petted before. But soon he had his engine running (really purring). When I tried to walk away from him he just kept getting under foot and did not want me to leave him. He has a really plaintive cry. Maybe he will stay around for awhile. So I told Keith I named him Fraidy Cat. Took a couple pictures of course.

4 comments:

kevin said...

He looks very cute! He's got socks like Kenzie.
I hope he sticks around for a while, it was always nice having outdoor cats around when we lived in the country.

Kathy said...

Tonight he had left over beef and noodles and Keith said he really liked them!

Katie said...

He's eating better than I am!! I bet it is nice to be greeted by a kitten when you leave the house. Enjoy your little visitor!

sarah said...

Awww, he's so cute! Make sure you give him plenty of water too!