Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Not a Good Year for Whitman Pets




I know that I have mentioned my canaries before. Clyde is the one with the brown on his head and the first one that I got in June 2008. He sings beautifully and then Keith got the other one, Casey, for my birthday the same year. He is also a singer. When I got home from work today. Clyde was dead on the floor of the bird cage. He was fine when I covered the cage last night. I was in a hurry this morning and forgot to uncover the cage, so I don't know when he passed away. Casey is not singing now. He is just chirping once in a while and hopping all over the cage. Guess he is looking for Clyde. Clyde will be missed. I hope Casey starts singing again. It is so quiet in here! Every morning when I uncover them, I would say "Good morning men." Now I will have to just say, "Good Morning Casey!"

3 comments:

sarah said...

I'm so sorry about Clyde. That must have been so sad for you to discover him like that. I hope he went peacefully and that Casey finds his voice again. If not, maybe you can get a new friend for him.

Kathy said...

Thanks Sarah.

Katie said...

We were just talking about your sweet birds at the zoo last Monday. So sorry!