Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Library Christmas Party





The Annual Library Christmas Party was held Sunday, December 3rd. We had quite a turnout, with 99 attending. This included employees, trustees and spouses. I received my 10 year service award. It is a clock. We took some pictures and I will add them. The clock is engraved on the top. It says - Kathleen Whitman in honor of ten years of service. Williams County Public Library.

Saturday we went to visit Kurt's family. We missed Christy as she was shopping with her Mom. When we left Keith asked me what I wanted to do. I said I would like to shop in Fort Wayne. He said on a Saturday night?? Are you sure?? I said don't ask me what I want to do then. So he took me shopping to Fort Wayne. I couldn't believe the parking lot at Glenbrook. There were no places to park, even clear out by the road!! So he took me to the door and said "Do you have your cell phone? I said yes so he said "Call me when you are done!? That was not really what I had in mind. So I went shopping and I guess I am getting old. I really did NOT enjoy the crowds. I got three presents and called him to come and get me. I think I will shop in Defiance or on the net.

We went out to eat at UNO's and got our favorite seafood and crab fondue there. Then we went to Gander Mountain shopping. It wasn't really crowded there, but not as much for me to look at.

I have most of my shopping and wrapping done!!

3 comments:

sarah said...

Congratulations on your service award. The clock look really neat and very appropriate for the library.

kevin said...

I know how you feel about the shopping. It doesn't matter your age, those crowds are crazy!
Congrats on 10 years!

Katie said...

Congrats Kathy, you are a more ambitious shopper than I am. I have not stepped foot in a mall in a long time.