Sunday, November 26, 2006

Thanksgiving is gone-but Christmas is on the way!







We had a really nice Thanksgiving with Kurt's family. I will post some pictures. We had more than we could eat. I was so thankful to be able to spend time with my family. Kurt's had to leave around three as her family was coming to their home. We went out to Tom's around five and spent some time with Tom, Mary and Keith's Mom. Kevin called us in the evening to wish us a Happy Thanksgiving.

Keith went to the gun show in Fort Wayne yesterday. Kurt has a table there to sell guns. Kraig was there too. Christy and the girls came later in the afternoon. I stayed home to put up the tree, decorate and wrap packages. I talked to Kurt on the phone and he said Bob took pictures (I always go with Keith and take pictures for my scrapbook) I hope I can get some pictures from Bob. I sent turkey sandwiches for the guys. I put mayonnaise on them so they wouldn't be so dry. I found out something about my grandson. He does not like mayonnaise. Keith said he took one bite and then did not eat anymore. Kurt asked him what was wrong and he said it had mayonnaise on it. I will never make that mistake again. Sorry Kraig!!

I sold my nativity scene last year at our auction. I had had the same one for years. It was very large and very breakable. I bought one at an estate sale in the hills of Georgia, just north of Clayton, Georgia near the Carolina border. We stop at lots of things that look interesting and this is one stop I am glad we made. There was a sign that said "Estate Sale" and an arrow up a narrow road on a hill. We went and it was just a little ways up the hill, but the house or "Log cabin" was really interesting. They told us it was built before the civil war. Just walking around in the house was neat. I found this nativity scene there and I put it on the fireplace mantle. I bought another one at the "Hopkins Girl's Craft Sale" to put on the coffee table that is grandchildren freindly. It is stuffed and they can play with it. I couldn't really get a good picture of the tree. I put burgundy and gold ornaments on it both shiny and frosted, round and teardrop shaped. Gold garland, gold and burgundy silk poinsettas, and burgandy berries. It has a gold star on top. I'll try to get a better picture later. I bought a package of 100 hangers and only had three left, but I still have 18 bulbs left!! Keith is going to have to wire up the hanging light as it hangs right in front of it. When we go to IKEA, hopefully the Thursday after Christmas when Kevin & Sarah come home, I will get a new light fixture for there.

We have had beautiful weather the last couple days with near record highs in the high 50's. Hope you enjoy the pictures.

2 comments:

kevin said...

The turkey looks good! Sounds like you've had a nice weekend. I was sorry we couldn't come up, but we had a good time with Sarah's family.

sarah said...

I'll bet you all had a fun weekend! Thanks for sharing the photos.