Sunday, February 04, 2007

Back from vacation-and freezing!!



This picture is of Keith and Tom picking grapefruit behind Tom's place in Lakeland.

This picture was taken in our favorite restaurant down there, Inlet Harbor.

The last picture is of me with the palm tree they planted at our time share several years ago. We take my picture every year to show how much it has grown.

The next picture of of Keith and Tom picking grapefruit behind Tom's place in Lakeland.



We spent two and a half weeks in Florida and had great weather. We stopped at Kevin's on the way and also got to see her dad, Stan. We had a nice visit, but not long enough. It was in the upper 70's every day but one. One was in the sixty's and raining-so we went shopping. We went to the Daytona Flea Market (surprise) twice and also a flea market in Lakeland with Tom & Mary. We walked on the beach and it was great. I did see something that I have never seen on the beach. The day before we came home we took our walk and there were dead jellyfish on the beach. The day we left we talked to the lifeguard right in front of our condo and he said it was because the wind was out of the west and when the tide came up they got beached. He told us not to touch them because even though they were dead they could still sting you. He didn't need to warn me, I have seen enough about them on tv. We really didn't do much this year, spent some time in and around the pool and hottub. Mom came and spent a day with us and treated us to a fish fry on our way down at her place. Can't beat those fresh fish!! We went to Lakeland when our time was done at the timeshare and spent two nights with Tom & Mary who are down there for the winter. They are at the same place as Byron and Judy so we also spent some time with them. When we left Florida it was 74 degrees. We had to go straight to Cleveland as Keith had an auction there on the 25th. The night before the auction Wayne took the auction crew to Buca de Beppo's. We went there in Cincinnati the first time we met Sarah so it brought back some good memories. When we got there it was 12 degrees and they had 5 inches of snow. Welcome back to Ohio. We got home around 11:30 p.m. on Thursday the 25th. I have been swamped at work and have been watching Lost the Second Series when I get home at night so I will be ready for the Third Season!! Keith went with Kurt, Kraig, Casey and two of Kurt's friends to the gun show in Lima yesterday. I stayed home and cleaned house and did laundry. It feels good to get caught up on everything. Now we have to start getting our tax papers around, a job a never look forward to. We are having my sister Karen's families here along with our family for a get together on February 18th. I have to start thinking about what I will be cooking! I am looking forward to seeing them all. I don't get to see enough of Karen's twins and their families. There will be 12 adults and 10 kids (between 10 and 3) here. It will be fun. Sadly, I have not done any scrapbooking since July. I have to get back to it.

2 comments:

kevin said...

Sounds like you had a nice trip. I hope we can get down to Inlet Harbor someday, that was my favorite restaurant in Daytona (definitely better than that Barnacle place!). We're hating this cold weather too, we haven't left the house in two days!

Katie said...

I could definitely escape to Florida about now. They are actually closing schools here due to cold weather.