Sunday, April 08, 2007

A Feeling of Accomplishment

Well, here it is Easter Sunday. We have gotten a lot accomplished. We have all the walls primed with a oil based sealer. All closets (9) have been primed and painted. The kitchen cupboards have been washed inside and out and polished. All carpet has been pulled up. Keith & Kurt hauled two loads of "stuff" and carpet to the dump. Kevin painted 6 of the closets Thursday and I painted 3. Keith painted the entire basement (took him a couple days) He also cleaned the basement and shelves so we could start taking things out there. Kevin helped me sort and pack up my scrapbook room, closet and computer room. He was a great help as an organizer. Kurt, Christy and the kids were here helping Friday and Saturday helping all day too. Saturday night we went to Lowe's and bought all new light fixtures and ordered window coverings. Tomorrow morning Bill Schooly will be there at 6:45 to start spraying plaster on the ceilings. Dawn will start painting Tuesday or Wednesday. After the paint cures for a couple days they will lay the carpet. I have done about all I can out there till they are done.

Now I have to get this house ready for an open house on the 22nd. I think we are on the right track but time is so short. This home will sell (hopefully) at auction one month from tomorrow. I am ready for a break. I am going to bed early.

1 comment:

sarah said...

Sounds like you made a lot of progress! I'm getting excited to see the new place!