Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Painting is going well.

We hired Dawn VanHorn to paint the rooms after we primed them all. She has been there two days so far. The master bedroom has two coats, the office has two coats, the scrapbook room and spare room have one and she has two coats on the burgundy accent walls. She started in the hall, and will be back tomorrow.

Day's carpet called and the roll of carpet we purchased is enough to do the living room, dining room, hall, and scrapbook room but not the master bedroom. Keith called me today and he had found a remnant at Lutterbeins of Chinese green plush. I took the sample wall color (Frosty Pine) with me after work and checked it out. They look great together. I love it. I was glad there wasn't enough of the other now. Keith also picked out the carpet for his office. The spare room carpet isn't in yet, but we are crossing our fingers.

We are busy getting our home ready for the open house. We have nine days! Piece of cake-right!! I'm sure everything will get done. My best friend, Vickie, is coming down tomorrow night to help. Her husband works nights.

I am working on the bathroom cupboards and medicene cabinet. (Sorry Kevin, I took a break) Kevin would be proud of me for how much stuff I have thrown out so far. Well, breaks is over, back to work.

2 comments:

kevin said...

Sounds like you are still working hard and getting a lot done. Keep going, you'll get through it!

Kathy said...

Thanks for the pep talk! I was sick yesterday and did not go to work. But I did get the floors in the garage done (with Vicki's help) Thursday night. We took two loads out today and moved the storage building with Liechty's rollback truck. Dad went to New Haven to see the tax guy and I am taking it easy till he gets home. Tomorrow we want to move a little furniture out that we don't want here for the open house next Sunday.