Monday, April 02, 2007

Work, Work, Work

We have been busy. Kurt, Christy and the kids came and helped me at the new house Friday night till 9 o'clock. Keith was in Jackson, Michigan at a sale which started Saturday. Kurt and Christy did a lot of taping getting ready for paint. Saturday I had hired two girls to paint and Kurt and Christy and the kids again came to my rescue and did all the rest of the taping. We got the four bedrooms, bathroom, utility room, living room and dining room primed. The kids helped wash wood work, take down spiderwebs in the basement and anything I asked them to do. I stripped the wallpaper from above the kitchen cupboards and the kids kept sweeping up what I threw on the floor. It was a long day. I was there eleven hours, Melinda painted ten hours and Paula painted around four or five hours. Kurt's whole family worked from around ten to five. We were all pooped. I went back Sunday from two till six. Keith took down most of the light fixtures and worked in the garage and basement.

Today I went our around nine and Paula came and helped today. I primed the three walls with a gray primer that we are going to have painted burgundy. We got all the painting finished except the closets. She is coming back Wednesday to help. Keith was out today too and cleaned out the garage, worked on the basement and some of the woodwork. Keith & I went and picked out the carpet. We are now kinda waiting for the plaster guy to come and spray the ceilings. Then everything will go pretty fast. I have painters lined up and then the carpet guys.

I think I will go soak my feet. Tomorrow is another day. Kevin will be here Thursday to help.

2 comments:

Katie said...

Oh my goodness. You make me tired just reading that. It sounds like you guys are really motivated and have a great team behind you. I look forward to watching the progress. Maybe the new baby and I will come up for a visit to see the completed project later this summer (if you'll have us).

Kathy said...

We will welcome you with open arms. Please do come and see us at our new home.