Tuesday, December 25, 2007

Family Christmas Celebration











We had a great weekend. Kevin & Sarah came home Saturday and spent Saturday and Sunday with us. We did alot of catching up with them and just enjoyed being together. Monday Kurt and Christy and their family came to spend the day with us and it was great to be all together. We really enjoy spending time with our family. Monday when Kurt's got here, we opened our stocking gifts and then had breakfast. Our traditional egg casserole and french toast casserole. This year Kurt & Christy brought delicious biscuits and gravy. Then we opened all our gifts. I think everyone liked what they got. I know I did!! Believe it or not, Keith and I got each other the same thing!! GPS systems. We are still laughing about how we never discussed GPS when we would see an ad on TV because we were each afraid we would give it away!! We called my Mom in Florida and talked to her. I got all of the grandkids a new robe. Kurt & Christy and family had to leave in the afternoon to go to her family Christmas. Kevin and Sarah left not long after Kurts to get home so they could celebrate Christmas with her sister Katie and nephew Casey. I got a really neat pop up book on Amazon.com and read it to the kids. I asked Kurt if he wanted to see it and he said "No I want you to read it to me." So I did. It has been a long time since I read him a book. But it looks like he enjoyed it.
Today we went to Fort Wayne and went out to lunch with my sister Karen and husband Bob and then to the National Treasure movie. I thought it was great and I am sure there will be sequel and I am looking forward to it. I would like to wish all our friends and family a Happy New Year.

3 comments:

Katie said...

It sounds like you had a nice family celebration. You know what they say, great minds think alike. You and Keith must really be in sync...or neither of you are good with directions. It must be one of those.

Kathy said...

We are in sync, and I am no good with directions. Keith has to go to so many auctions all over that I thought it would be really handy for him. The other day they gave him 22 signs to be put up in Toledo and just street addresses. It would have been great if he had it that day! I got lost one time going to the doctor in Toledo and ended up in Michigan, so I really need it!!

sarah said...

Thanks again for a great Christmas visit!