Monday, December 08, 2008

Not a very good chicken catcher

Well, I thought you might all need a laugh today. Picture this......I was all ready to leave for work this morning and thought I better go out and check the chickens and give them fresh water. I had my dress coat on and went to put my snow boots on. One was wet inside, so I put one on and one of Keith's (size 14) boots on. I didn't want to get my feet wet as we have pretty deep snow in the back yard. Well, I went out and opened the door on the coop thinking they were all out in the fenced in area. I should have counted because when I opened the door, out ran a hen. Here I am in two size boots!! Anyway I went and got the net Keith uses to catch them (kinda like a fish landing net) Here I am running around the backyard trying to catch the hen. Without much luck I am afraid to say. I tried for over half an hour. Then I went in and called work to explain why I was late. They said it was a very original excuse!! I went back out and tried again. Then gave up, called Keith and went to work. Maybe she will be hungry and more cooperative when I get home. Wish someone would have been there with a video camera. We could have made $10,000 on Funniest Home Videos!!!

2 comments:

kevin said...

I wish I could have seen that...
Did you find the chicken??

Kathy said...

No. When I got home from work it was 8:30 and dark, so I went out this morning and scattered some chicken food around, but it was raining and dark and I never saw her. I'll look after work tonight!