Thursday, April 29, 2010

Track Meet and Cary Grant
















I went to Kraig & Casey's track meet Monday. They both did a good job. In one picture Kurt is sharing his valuable advice with Casey as he used to do discus and shot in high school. Casey also ran the 200 yard dash. There are pictures of Kraig's shot, Casey's discus throw and her 200 yard dash. Also posted a picture of Cary Grant. That is what I named this chicken (sure hope he is a rooster!) Anyway, he is the tallest of all the chicks and is gray and sophistcated LOL. He is the only one that is gray. Maude is yellow and all the others are shades of brown. We have picked out names for the hens, Mable, Mildred, Maude, Bertha, Belina, Hazel, Mossie, Myrtle, Gertrude, Agnes and maybe Flossie. (Aren't you glad I am not naming your children!!) Not sure how many we are keeping once they start laying. Will have to wait until they are a little older to name the others. So for now it is just Cary and Maude. Keith thinks I am nuts....he may have a valid point.

5 comments:

sarah said...

I am VERY glad you're not naming my next child, lol! Thanks for sharing the pics of the kids.

Kathy said...

We wanted old fashioned names for the hens...I would never name children these names, although I knew some women by those names.

Susan said...

Mrs. Whitman, when I was flying to Phoenix last month, I read a fascinating article about raising chickens. It was published in the in-flight magazine.

I think you might enjoy the book it was excerpted from. It's called Birdology: Adventures with a Pack of Hens, a Peck of Pigeons, Cantankerous Crows, Fierce Falcons, Hip Hop Parrots, Baby Hummingbirds, and One Murderously Big Living Dinosaur. The author is a woman by the name of Sy Montgomery.

Kathy said...

Susan, I will see if the library has the book. Thanks for the heads up.

Kathy said...

Susan, got a hold on the book at the library. Only number 4 on their list in the whole state. So shouldn't be too long till I get to read it.