Saturday, June 26, 2010

More pictures of the "microburst" in Edgerton






















The national weather service has concluded that it was not a tornado, but a microburst with 100 plus mph winds that destroyed the town hall in Edgerton. I feel so bad about the building, but so thankful for no loss of life. Still no Myrtle. Keep hoping. Found no remains or feathers or anything...so I am hopeful that she is OK somewhere. I am also happy that they are going to reconstruct "Clem" and he will once again stand watch over Edgerton. Our residents have been at odds with each other over saving the town hall or destroying it. God has made that decision for us. I was one who wanted it saved. It could have been restored to a beautiful old building. The Opera House upstairs with the balcony and stage could have been used again....but that is not to be. I hope that they make a nice park or fountain or something there where it stood.

No comments: