Sunday, August 12, 2007

More Progress on the Building






















Gary came Friday night and he and Keith laid the corner blocks. Saturday they started at 6:30 am laying blocks and worked until 4 p.m. The block on the pond side of the building are up to my chin on the north corner. Today (Sunday) Keith is out cutting blocks. He started at 6 am. He has to cut 100 blocks. Some in half and some just the ends off. Obviously I don't know anything about laying blocks. Some are starter blocks I heard them say. Last I went out to check, he was half done. Anyway he has to get done today as they have to take the saw back tomorrow. Gary can't come Monday night and Keith has an auction Tuesday night but I think Gary is coming. This building project is taking at lot longer than expected as Gary got called back to work and can only come after he is done working. I don't know how they lift those block around as they each weigh 55 pounds. I am glad I'm a girl and they don't ask me for help!!!

The pictures are from the bottom up - Gary Friday night making sure everything is level in the corners. Keith mixing the mortar (He is the tender). Keith cutting block on Sunday, Gary laying block on Saturday. A couple views I took of the progress this morning from the pond side of the building. My roast is smelling pretty good in the oven, time to throw in some vegetables and clean the sweet corn - Yum!





5 comments:

Katie said...

It looks like it is really coming together. I've never seen a building not built out of wood, so this is really interesting to me.

Kathy said...

I'll keep you posted, just wish it was going faster!

sarah said...

Nothing ever goes as quickly as you expect or hope! It's looking great, though!31

Anonymous said...

Are you sure that is Gary laying the brick (on Saturday). Keith has lost so much weight and maybe I haven't seen my brothers for awhile, but it looks like Keith.
Linda Jane

Kathy said...

Oh my gosh Linda, you are right. I clicked on the photo and enlarged it and it is Keith!!!