Sunday, August 19, 2007

Wild Turkeys.


This morning we had several wild turkeys in the back yard. We have been watching one lone tom turkey almost every morning between the pond and the woods. This morning when Keith told me they were in the back yard, I took a picture through the living room window. You can see my clothesline. It did rain last night and early this morning. They later moved into the woods and then came out again between the woods and the ponds. If you click on the picture to enlarge it you can see them better. Some of you may never have seen wild turkeys, but at our old house we used to have large flocks. (We counted up to 80 one time) in our riverbottom.

2 comments:

Katie said...

I remember being on a day trip with my dad once when I was little and us seeing a wild turkey on an old country road...I guess it never occured to me that they were wild birds before that point! Very cool!

sarah said...

Hopefully we'll see them when we visit in September. I always liked seeing them in the river bottom.