Wednesday, April 09, 2008

News on Mom

Well, this is not good news. My Mom got home from Florida Friday night at 10 after 5 and at 8 o'clock she fell in her kitchen and broke her hip. They took her to Hicksville Hospital and transfered her to Parkview Hospital in Fort Wayne. She had surgery Saturday. They released her from Parkview yesterday and moved her back to Hicksville Hospital for rehab. She will be there six to eight weeks. The good news is she is in good spirits. This is the first time she has had to stay in a hospital since she had Karen sixty one years ago. Mom is 94! That's pretty amazing for now days. She is always smiling and has such a good outlook on life. The Hicksville facility is all new and so nice and cheery. I thank God that she is the sweet wonderful woman she is. It has been a busy week as I got home Friday night from three days in Columbus for the library. I was at the hospital all day and evening Saturday. Keith & I went back on Sunday. Karen spent all day yesterday with Mom and followed her to Hicksville so she was never alone. I think she will get along very well in Hicksville and it is only ten miles from my house so I can go over often.

Keith has an auction in Bowling Green tomorrow and he will leave from there to go to Cleveland for an auction on Saturday. I will do some scrapbooking and visit Mom. Keith is healing from his hernia surgery and is still on pain medication, but you can't make him slow down very much. Gotta love him. He has been trying to slow down.

2 comments:

Katie said...

I've been thinking about you guys this week. I hope she is feeling better soon. It's amazing how far a positive attitude will get you! I'm glad she is still upbeat.

kevin said...

I can't believe she hasn't stayed in a hospital for 61 years! I hope we're all that lucky!