Monday, July 14, 2008

Summer Flowers









































Well, I wanted to post some pictures of my summer flowers. The last picture is of the daylilies that I bought with a gift certificate from Kevin & Sarah last year. In the shrub behimd them you can see the dragonfly solar light that Kurt's family got for me. At night it blinks on and off like lightening bugs. The next is of daylilies, calla lilies and an iris that I bought with a gift certificate from them this year. The hostas are all in bloom and are from last year's gift certificate. Notice the angels reading books by the hostas. I have five identical ones. One for each of my grandchildren. Next is a picture of my trumpet vine. It is huge and is usually swarming with hummingbirds. There is also a close up of the blooms. The last (first) picture is one of my honeysuckle vine on the trellis next to the trumpet vine. I love all my flowers and hope you enjoy looking at them too.

1 comment:

Candy said...

Hi Grandma Kathy, Grandma Candy is getting excited about baby girl Whitman. We will be there mid Sept. Thanks for the note on my "retired" blog, I have not been to the site for months, and you posted on June 19.
My mother passed away on Friday the 13th of June, I am contemplating a tribute to her, it has been a rough 4 weeks, but I am healing and going thru the stages.

Your flowers are beautiful! Are you the gardener? Great job.