Sunday, November 23, 2008

Kraig got his first deer


One Proud Dad




Youth season for muzzle loaders for deer started yesterday. Kurt and Kraig came out and went hunting, but no luck even though they saw 16 Kraig couldn't get a good shot and with a muzzle loader you only get one shot. They came back this morning. About 8:20 Keith & I heard a gun shot. In less than 5 minutes, Kraig called and asked me to come out and bring my camera. We walked back to the woods and took some pictures. He had also called Christy and she and the girls were soon here. They had to go check in the deer and I hurried and printed some pictures for them. I had been scrapbooking all weekend and my color ink cartridge wasn't too good. The girls stayed here while they checked in the deer. After they left, Keith & I went to Defiance as we needed a new pressure tank for the well. It would kick in way too often. I also picked up a color cartridge at Office Max. We got back around two and Keith went to work in the basement and I went to work on supper. I printed and 8 x 10 of Kraig and his deer, matted it and framed it before they got here. I think he really liked it. I also printed one for him to take to school and for Kurt's and each of us to take to work tomorrow. We had invited Kurt's for early Thanksgiving. I fixed roast beef, potatoes, onions and carrots, deviled eggs, tossed salad, veggies and dip and jello. We had chocolate ice cream cake for dessert. We had a fun evening and I laughed so hard I cried at some of the stories Kurt & Christy were telling. By the way, the deer was a button buck.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Kraig.
Great pictures, Kathy. Thanks for keeping me updated with your "scrapbook".
Lynn

Kathy said...

I learned something today!! Put your mouse on top of the picture of Kraig and Kurt and see what it says!