Thursday, November 02, 2006

LONG TIME - NO BLOG!!



I check Kevin & Sarah's blog everyday and sometimes more than once a day and I am disappointed when there is nothing new. I just realized that I have not posted anything since we got back from our vacation in October!!

We have been pretty busy, especially Keith with all his auctions and getting ready for them. We did go to Deer Creek State Park October 15-17th. Of course I had classes for my job, but Keith got a little R&R. Our 36th wedding anniversary was the 18th. Not a record - but pretty good for nowdays.
I took a day of vacation on the 20th and we got to keep the grandkids all night. Kurt & Christy went away with another couple to Brown County and rented a cabin to celebrate their 12th anniversary. Kevin & Sarah also came home on the 20th so we had a houseful and really enjoyed it. I bought the movie "Over the Hedge" for the kids, even though Kurt & Christy had taken them to the theatre to see it, they enjoyed it.

The next day, Christy's Mom came and picked up the kids and they kept them overnight on Saturday. Kevin, Sarah & I went out for lunch and then to Keith's auction. When it was over we piled in Keith's truck and went to the new IKEA store in Canton, Michigan. We had a great time and I bought a neat picture for above the fireplace that I just love. It is a photograph taken in France. Kevin hung it for me when we got home (around 1 a.m.) and he also installed a new light fixture to shine down on the picture which is really neat. We are looking forward to going back to the store with them when they are home for Christmas.
The next day Christy's Mom brought the kids back around noon and we headed out to the Engler Christmas. We all had a good time and Mom sang a song which we all joined in on the chorus. It made Mom really happy.
I set up a get-together for my cousins, John & JoAnn, Bob & Vee and Mike & Lynn at the country club on the 28th. JoAnn's daughter & her husband also joined us and we had a great evening reminising about the "old days". It was "Trick or Treat" night in Edgerton, so the kids came over before we went.
Keith bought some trees and ornamental grass at an auction that he had for a nursery. So we have been planting trees & grass. We took some to the lake and planted there on Monday night.
My mom is leaving for Florida on Saturday morning. Keith is in Lima for a couple days for a sale so I had Mom stay all night with me last night and we had a good time. Tonight I am going to a craft auction that a church in West Unity is having that I have attended almost every year for over 25 years. My friends Etta, Vickie and her sister Paula are going tonight.
Tomorrow I am taking a day off as Mom will have her water shut off in the morning and will be staying all night with me. I am taking her to visit JoAnn in the afternoon as JoAnn has some pictures of her Mom's (my Mom's sister) that she needs help in identifing who some of the people are.
Saturday I have a "Tasting Bee for the Busy Bea" that my club, Bryan Area BusinessWomen's Club is putting on. I have to take my pumpkin rolls and scalloped corn. Keith does not have a sale for the first Saturday since I can't remember. I have bought tickets to go to the "Odd Couple" at the Williams County Playhouse in Bryan. I think it will be fun. Mike & Ettta and John and JoAnn will be going with us.
So you can see I have been busy, but I will try to not wait so long to post next time. I will add a picture of the kids "Trick or Treating." Also my new picture. Isn't it neat?

5 comments:

Katie said...

Oh no, they took you to IKEA?!! You'll never be the same!

Kathy said...

It was great..........I'm ready to go again!!

kevin said...

Yeah, we definitely need to go back. That part I returned was something I needed AND I think we're going to add another cabinet. Plus I just love going. Especially when I can help other people spend their money...
The fireplace looks great in your picture!

Kathy said...

Thanks, Kevin. I want to get another light fixture for the living room when we go again.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the update. You're such a busy gal! The kids look great in their costumes, and i love your picture (but you knew that already).