Monday, May 19, 2008

Eatin' off the land...

Sunday we tried a different church. We went to the Milford Church of Christ. It is a small country church about 5 miles from our home. There were 31 at the worship service. After church, we went to Grabill, Indiana for lunch. Then we went to Fort Wayne to do a little shopping. We stopped at a roadside produce market that had a sign out for morel mushrooms. They were $30 a pound. They had a few in a berry box and wanted $20 for them. We decided we were not that hungry for them so I just bought a few tomatoes. I spent my gift card from Kevin & Sarah. I got a dwarf Kim lilac bush and two more yellow daylilies. On the way home, Keith said, "I think I'll catch supper tonight!" So when we got home he went fishing. He caught some bluegills, cleaned them and put them to bake on the grill. He went mushroom hunting in the woods. He found 5 really nice ones. I fried them up for supper. So we had fish from our pond, mushrooms from our woods and tomatoes for supper. How neat is that! Of course I scrapbooked this weekend. I am up to October 2007. Won't be long till I am caught up.

2 comments:

Katie said...

Those better be some really good mushrooms at that price. It's cool you guys were able to have such and Earthy dinner. BTW, I love the new blog template!

Kathy said...

Thanks, Katie.