Sunday, January 25, 2009

Flat Tire

Well, Thursday was a really busy day at work. I usually get off work at 4 on Thursday, but I was there until 5:15 and had to get home, feed the chickens, and back to Etta's for dominos club at 6. As I pulled out of my parking space at work, I had the radio on but the car seemed to be making a noise, so I shut off the radio and the thump, thump made me realize I had a flat tire. Of course Keith was in Toledo. First I called Etta to let her know I would be late and then planned to call AAA. She told me to call Mike that he was in Bryan and would help me. I called and he said he could be there in half an hour and I said I would call AAA and see if they could get there sooner. But, it would take them an hour so I called Mike and asked if he minded. He said he would come, I tried to call AAA to cancel the call, but my cell phone wouldn't work so I went into the pizza shop (I was in their parking lot) and asked to use their phone. I must have dialed wrong, because I got a sex call!!! I hung up right away and told them if there was a charge for that to let me know. Their phone rang and it was the sex call!!! The young girl working there listened awhile and laughed before she hung up! Anyway, I got ahold of AAA and canceled the call and Mike got there. It was getting dark, so we decided he would just give me a ride home, and I left the car there with the pizza shop's permission and would come back and take care of it in the morning. Keith said to just call AAA that's what we pay for. So Mike & Etta, Keith & I met for breakfast and then Etta took me down to Zandra's for my haircut and then to Bryan. I called AAA. They came and changed the tire. I talked to Keith on the phone and the guy recommended that I at least by two new tires, the other one in front was dry rot too. So Keith had me take it to Wal-Mart to get four new tires. He talked to them on the phone, because I don't know anything about tires. Anyway, Etta had work to do at the shop and I did not want to stay at Wal-Mart for three hours, so I asked her to take me to JoAnn's. They were to call me when they were done. Over four hours later, I called and they said oh they had been done for probably an hour!! Anyway, JoAnn wanted me to stay for supper, so I called Keith and he and Mike came when they got home from Toledo and we went out for supper. Etta had went to some play in Fort Wayne. Anyway, I left home at 7:30 am and didn't get home till around ten pm. Wasn't really how I planned to spend my day off and it was pretty expensive, but it was good to spend some time with JoAnn.

1 comment:

sarah said...

Sounds like a big hassle, but I'm glad you're OK and that you didn't have a blow-out during your commute!