Saturday, January 10, 2009

Water Damage at Work









After Kevin and Sarah left Sunday, I asked Keith to take me over to the library where I work. The director had called to let me know that the ice melting on the roof had no where to go and the drain froze up so it came through the roof into our offices. The first picture is of the hallway where all the ceiling tile got soaked and fell in. The next two are of my office. Only one or two ceiling tiles fell in, but water ran down my one wall and the carpet was soaked and a lot of the papers on my desk were ruined by water. The last picture is of what you saw when you stepped off the elevator. The ceiling tile in the lobby fell in and they had put buckets everywere to catch the leaks. All the ceiling tile needed to be removed and all the carpet torn up. The smell was awful. We had to move all the offices to the main library (very crowded). We had to pack up all of our things and empty all the desks so that they could tear up the carpet. Just what I needed with end of year, W2s, 1099's etc. All things considered things are going pretty well. They came in Thursday and sprayed for mold. Friday they did some painting. While it was torn up, I had them paint one of my walls as an accent. (Coffee Bean). They will be starting to lay the new carpet Monday and hopefully they will get the new ceiling tile in so that we can move back in sometime next week. This happened in the middle of an over $400,000 project on the first floor. Some of the water went through and stained the new ceiling tile and freshly painted walls downstairs, but this has all been repaired. I will take my camera to work again and take some pictures of my office when I get moved back in.

1 comment:

sarah said...

That stinks! It's so frustrating to deal with stuff like this, especially at your busiest time of year. I'll cross my fingers that things are cleaned up and move-in ready in no time.